The Coalition Application
Need help with the Coalition Application?
Did you know that more than 100 colleges and universities use the Coalition Application as part of their admissions process? Luckily, the Coalition App offers five different prompts to choose from when writing their personal statements. There is also no strict word count for this essay, but the Coalition App highly recommends that you stay within the 500- to 550-word range.
Want help with your Coalition App essay? Whether you’re looking for feedback on a draft you’ve already written or whether you haven’t even started, Prompt is here to help you with every stage of the writing process.
Coalition App Prompts 2020-2021
- Tell a story from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it.
- Describe a time when you made a meaningful contribution to others in which the greater good was your focus. Discuss the challenges and rewards of making your contribution.
- Has there been a time when you’ve had a long-cherished or accepted belief challenged? How did you respond? How did the challenge affect your beliefs?
- What is the hardest part of being a student now? What’s the best part? What advice would you give a younger sibling or friend (assuming they would listen to you)?
- Submit an essay on a topic of your choice.
How should you approach your Coalition App essay?
- Check out our article, which includes links to some of our free brainstorming tools. Writing your Coalition App personal statement shouldn’t be overwhelming, but we’ve outlined a few important tips to help you start off on the right foot.